T-Mobile’s Classic Unlimited 5GB and 10GB Data Plans Receiving Price Hike Next Week
T-Mobile is planning to raise the price on their Premium 5GB Promotional Data Bundles and Ultra 10GB Promotional Bundles an extra $5. This price hike appears to be a move to push customers towards Value Plans and while it might make sense to some, the majority of customers view any price hike as a companies attempt to nickel and dime them. The new prices will take effect April 4th and as TmoNews points out:
- This price will not affect any customers who have added the 5GB or 10GB promotional bundles prior to April 4th.
- There is no change to the price of the Value Plan data features.
- T-Mobile is enacting the price change in order to better align Classic and Value plan pricing which will help them achieve Value mix targets and the company’s financial goals.
- Customers can continue to save at least $15 per month with T-Mobile’s Unlimited-Premium Classic feature compared to similar features offered by competing national wireless carriers.
- T-Mobile will continue to offer the promotional offer on both the Unlimited-Premium 5GB and Ultra – 10GB Promotional Bundles features that include the Smartphone Mobile Hotspot and MobileLife Album Plus services at no additional charge. That’s a $19.98 value.
Hopefully T-Mobile knows what they’re doing because in my opinion they’ve been drowning themselves ever since they attempted to lay in bed with AT&T and I’m not quite sure the damage can be undone. What do you think? Is T-Mobile just digging themselves into a deeper hole or are they making the appropriate moves to get them back into the game?