The first solely Sony branded smartphone has begun shipping out to retailers and carriers across the globe. The Xperia S marks the first of phones to go out since Sony acquired Ericsson and although the photos still show the Ericsson logo on the back, I have to assume it’s since been removed.
The announcement was made over at the Xperia Blog and details are as scarce as they get. If you’d like information about pricing and availability you’re going to have to wait on your local retailer/carrier to announce it. In case you’ve forgotten, the Sony Xperia S will feature:
- 4.3″ Reality Display with HD Resolution (1280 x 720)
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread (4.0 ICS Upgrade Q2 2012)
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor & 1GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Storage
- 12MP Camera with Sony Exmore R
- NFC for use with Xperia Smart Tags
- DLNA, Wi-FI, Bluetooth and HDMI connectivity
- Compatible with Smart Watch and Smart Wireless Headset
Sony has big plans for their new mobile empire and this is just the start of what’s to come.
- Source Sony Xperia Product Blog