Samsung’s Passbook Clone Is Now Available In Google Play
Apple’s Passbook feature in iOS hasn’t really taken off as quickly as people thought it would, but that hasn’t prevented Samsung from throwing developers into making its own Passbook clone. We first got our first look at Samsung Wallet back in February at MWC, but the the app is finally ready for primetime and available on Google Play.
The app is only supported on the Galaxy S3, S4, Note 1 and Note 2, and you have to sign-in with one of those silly Samsung accounts, but if you’re already nose deep in S Health, S Beam, Samsung Link and all the other half-baked Samsung apps you’ll feel right at home.
Here are the release notes:
Samsung Wallet is a one-stop destination for your boarding passes, membership cards, coupons, and event tickets.
Start adding Tickets from applications you love!
Look for ‘Load to Samsung Wallet’ button within your favorite application, press it, and you are set.
- Optimized for HD and Full-HD Samsung devices
- Store and manage tickets, coupons, mobile boarding passes and membership cards in one convenient place
- Offers 5 default categories for easy management of Tickets. You can also add categories for more personalization.
- Customizable time and location-based reminders to show the Tickets at the right time and place.
- Synchronize all your Tickets to multiple devices using Samsung account
- Receive and store Co-marketing offers
- Create your own tickets manually by using ‘Create my ticket’ feature
- Discover grocery coupons and digitally save them to loyalty card of participating groceries