The Amazon Kindle Fire has a new update available. Update 6.2.2 is going out over the air and can also be downloaded manually if needed. This latest update improves support for manually setting up e-mail providers in the Email app, offers a new full screen mode for viewing web pages, and also includes enhancements to performance.
If you’re not sure what software version you’re currently on, you can check by tapping the Quick Settings icon, tap “More,” then tap “Device.” If you find you aren’t on the latest 6.2.2 version, check to make sure you have a Wi-FI connection, a full battery, and then Tap the Quick Settings icon in the upper right corner of your device, then tap “Sync.” The update will then be automatically downloaded in the background and then applied when finished.
If you prefer manually updating your software, you can follow the instructions below to get you on your way:
- Download your software: Click on the link below to download the software update file directly to your computer:
Download Software Update 6.2.2
- Transfer software to your Kindle Fire: Turn your Kindle Fire on and unlock the screen. Then connect it to your computer using a USB cable (sold separately). Drag and drop the new update file from your computer to the kindleupdates folder on your Kindle drive. (The drive is typically displayed as a “device” icon).
- Monitor file transfer and disconnect: Check your file transfer progress to ensure the file transfer to your Kindle Fire is complete before disconnecting. After the file has transferred successfully, tap the “Disconnect” button on your Kindle Fire screen to safely disconnect your Kindle Fire from your computer. Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle Fire and your computer.
- Start the software update: Ensure your battery is fully charged. Tap the Quick Settings icon in the top right corner of your screen, then tap “More…” then Device. Select “Update Your Kindle.” (This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.) Your Kindle Fire will restart twice during the update. After the first restart, you will see the Kindle Fire logo on the screen.
- Once the update is complete: The Device screen will display “Current Version: 6.2.2’ when the update is complete.
Pretty sure this update will break root, so if you are enjoying root you may want to hold off or check to see if the root method you used will work on this latest update. Cheers!
- Source Amazon