Major League Baseball is getting ready for the 2013 season by updating its official apps on both Google Play and the App Store. Today MLB.com At Bat was updated with live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers and other features for various devices.
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- Universal support for At Bat 13 subscribers, accessible on Android smartphones and tablets and other supported mobile devices
- Re-designed individual team pages (Android phones only)
- Re-architected news section navigation (Android phones only)
- Expanded video highlight integration
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat 13 subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• New video section featuring more highlights and search (iPad)
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics (iPad)
• Re-designed individual team pages (iPhone)
• Updated news section interface (iPhone)
• Classic games library featuring more than 60 historic games dating back to 1952 (iPhone and iPad)
• Re-architected navigations (iPhone and iPad)
• Additional push notification options (iPhone & iPad)
• Closed captioning availability for live video (iPhone and iPad)
MLB.com At the Ballpark also got a huge update on the App Store with Passbook support:
• Re-architected My Journal section
• Manually enter all of your ballpark visits dating back to 2005
• Upload and share personal photos from your ballpark visits, dating back to 2005
• View team statistics and watch video highlights from games attended
• Ballpark and player entrance music
• Social media clubhouse, including social rewards for select clubs
• Updated tickets section, featuring special offers by club
• Seat and experience upgrade functionality at select ballparks*
• Passbook integration for digital ticket delivery and storage (select clubs only)
• Re-designed user interface
The Android version of MLB.com At the Ballpark hasn’t been updated since last November.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers again may upgrade to At Bat 13 for free on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices, unlocking all premium features. Fans also may subscribe to MLB.com At Bat 13 for the one-time annual fee of $19.99. iOS users may pay $2.99/month using the recurring billing option available through the App Store.
This upcoming season kicks off Monday, April 1st.
- Via Engadget