With the advances in smartphone cameras, it’s getting to the point where separate point and shoots are no longer needed. Although we’re not quite there yet, Polaroid has taken an opposite approach and brought the smartphone to the camera. Introducing the Android powered SC1630. It’s half smartphone, all camera. Although I’m still not keen on having to carry around two devices, the SC1630 makes a strong argument for one to put their phone back in their pocket and start using a camera again.
The Polaroid SC1630 features a high definition 16MP camera with built in 3X optical zoom, touch screen display and Wi-Fi. It’s highly portable, sleek looking, and full of features. Combined with the power of Android, this camera has it all.
- Capture Like the Pros: Life’s quickest moments are no longer at risk to becoming blurry images from a basic camera phone. Built on a 16 megapixel CCD senor, the Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera treats images to a 3X optical zoom – a feature not found in most mobile phones. Choose from 18 scene modes and then click and view crystal clear images – captured at 36mm or full 108mm magnification – on the Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera’s 3.2” widescreen display.
- Enhance Your Moments With Smart Features: The Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera powered by Android takes the work out of being behind the lens with automatic face and smile detection. Also, gone are the days when digital images that never connected with a USB cord went unorganized and forgotten. The Smart Album feature of the Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera automatically organizes photos by date, location and people. Plus, geo-tagging features can add longitude and latitude coordinates to photos.
- Edit, Share and Save: Now there is no reason to leave the party – everything needed to edit, save and upload can be done anywhere right on the Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera. On-board editing features include cropping, red-eye removal, resizing and color correction. Backed by the power of Android, the Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera uploads images to social networks with the touch of one button and can hold up to 32GB of memory via a microSD card.
- Instantly Connect to the World: The Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera’s Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and optional cellular data connections empower digital images to be shared from anywhere in a snap.
- Get Productive: Need to check-in on where friends are gathering, get directions or make the next move in your favorite game? Backed by the power of Android, the Polaroid SC1630 Smart Camera supports Google’s Android Market, making it truly like no other camera available today. Now you can snap, share and link up with more than 400,000 apps.
The times sure are a changin’, and if there’s one company to change with them, it’s certainly Polaroid. What do you think? Enough to pull you back to a point and shoot, or you still sticking with the convenience of only having to carry one device?
- Source Polaroid