Vimeo App Makes It To Android, User Reviews Not So Good
Popular video sharing service Vimeo finally released an official app for Android. Announced yesterday, the Vimeo app was a sigh of relief for the many Android users who frequent the service. You would have expected to see the user review section riddled with over joyous users shouting “Finally” or “Love Vimeo!” but instead, it seems many users are unhappy with Vimeo’s release.
As is stands right now, Vimeo has managed 67 one star ratings to its 30 five star ratings, with an overall average rating of 2.5. Not the sort of debut a service like Vimeo would like to see, and certainly not one Android users would like to have. There seems to be quite a few timestamp errors, video playback errors, and complaints of no HD/HQ playback. While I personally don’t use Vimeo and can’t comment on these issues, a quick browse of the user review section in the Android Market is enough to know the app has issues.
If you enjoy the Vimeo service and would like to try it out for yourself, it’s available in the Android Market for free. According to Vimeo, the app include’s “The whole Vimeo experience” with features such as:
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- Quickly search for videos on vimeo.com
- Easily upload your raw footage in HD
- Pause and resume uploads
- Replace existing videos
- Edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
- Share with Facebook, Twitter, Email or SMS
- Add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
- Stats on daily plays, likes and comments
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- Easily like, comment and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting Featured videos
Lots to see
For better or worse, here it is, Vimeo for Android.
Android Market Link | VimeoRelated