Verizon Celebrates Two Years Of 4G LTE With A Few Amazing Statistics
I can’t believe it’s been two years since Verizon rolled out its 4G LTE network. That’s insane considering carriers such as T-Mobile have yet to even launch a 4G LTE network. To celebrate two years of providing consumers with the fastest, most reliable 4G LTE available, Verizon has a few amazing statistics to remind some of us why we continue to put up with their ridiculous prices and constant BS.
In two years, Verizon Wireless has managed to blanket more than 440 markets and over 250 million people here in the US. Other stats include:
- The introduction of 46 4G LTE devices.
- Nearly 11 million customers on the 4G LTE network.
- More than 35% of the company’s data traffic is being carried on the 4G LTE network
- More than 140 companies working with Verizon Wireless engineers.
- 17 organizations participate in Verizon’s LTE in Rural America program
Verizon is the clear winner when it comes to 4G LTE, leaving the majority of carriers to eat their LTE dust.
LTE certainly gives you the fastest speeds around, but it’s not without its drawbacks. For instance, battery life suffers gravely, as well as your data plan. Other than that, zipping around the internet while tethered to my Galaxy Nexus has been the greatest thing since sliced bread.
How about you, how have you been enjoying your Verizon 4G LTE?
- SourceVerizon Wireless