It seems like forever ago that Amazon announced its Kindle Fire HD lineup and while they’ve been selling and shipping the 7-inch HD model for quite some time now, customers wanting the larger 8.9-inch model were left to wait until mid-November. Well, it’s mid-November and Amazon is making good on its promise.
Starting today, Amazon will begin shipping orders of the 8.9-inch WiFi model of the Kindle HD. Those looking to pick up the LTE model will have to wait until next week as those are set to begin shipping on November 20th.
If you’ve forgotten what the Kindle Fire HD 8.9-inch brings to the table, let me refresh your memory:
- 8.9-inch 1920×1200 resolution display at 254 ppi.
- Dual antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi with MIMO technology for faster streaming and downloads.
- 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4470 processor and Imagination SGX544 graphics engine.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio—available exclusively on Kindle Fire HD.
- Exceptional battery life—Kindle Fire HD 8.9” gets 10 hours of battery life.
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls, including a custom Skype application for free video calling from around the world.
- New Amazon-exclusive features like X-Ray for Movies, X-Ray for Textbooks, Immersion Reading, Whispersync for Voice and Whispersync for Games.
- Kindle FreeTime, a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids and exclusively available on Kindle Fire. Parents can set daily screen limits and give access to appropriate content for each child.
- World’s best content ecosystem—over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks and magazines.
- “Buy Once, Enjoy Everywhere” with Amazon apps available on the largest number of platforms so customers can use their Amazon content on any of their devices.
- Amazon’s top-rated, world-class customer service.
Price will be dependent upon which model you choose and starts at $299. If you find yourself interested, you can check out the source link for more details.
- Source Amazon