This year’s Google I/O was the year of the Nexus, and right before I set off on my vacation, Google announced the Nexus 7. If you haven’t heard about it yet, here’s a few links to get you started:
- A Look At Google’s Nexus 7 Tablet And What It Has To Offer
- Hugo Barra On Nexus 7 Pre-Orders: “They’re Big!”
- Android 4.1: Who Knew A Jelly Bean Could Be So Smart
Google’s 7-inch Nexus tablet packs quite the punch for a sub $200 tablet and features:
- 7-inch 1280×800 HD display (216 ppi)
- Quad-core Tegra 3 processor (12‐core GPU)
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Back-lit IPS display
- Scratch-resistant Corning glass
- 1.2MP front-facing camera (no rear facing camera)
- 8GB internal storage (16 GB for $249)
- 1 GB RAM
- Micro USB
- First Android device to come with Google Chrome as its default browser
- 4325 mAh (Up to 8 hours of active use)
- NFC (Android Beam)
- 340 grams
- 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
From the moment this Jelly Bean treat was announced, we all wanted to get our hands on one. Since we left you guys hanging for a couple weeks, we figured why not reward a lucky reader with one of their own.
That’s right! We’re going to be giving away a brand spanking new Galaxy Nexus 7 tablet, and all you have to do is tell us what feature(s) make the Nexus 7 a winner in your book: price, Jelly Bean, size, etc.
Leave your comment below and then share this post on your favorite social network(s) and you’ll be one step closer to possibly owning your very own Nexus 7, courtesy of Cult of Android.
This contest is for the 8GB version and is open to U.S. residents only. Since Nexus 7 devices won’t be shipping for a few weeks, we’ll keep this contest open until Monday July 23, 11:59pm EST. Don’t forget, when you leave your comment, make sure your account is linked to a working email address so we can contact you should you win. Good Luck!