If you’re a blogger on-the-go and often have to resort to WordPress for Android, you’ll be happy to know it has been updated to version 2.1 today, adding a few much needed features. The first thing you’ll notice is the new app icon, but after that, it’s all business. New features added in version 2.1 include:
- Autosave timer while editing posts. Every 60 seconds the post will be autosaved.
- Full support for editing comments
- Added support for setting the width of linked images
- All new WordPress.com reader. Navigating posts is much faster and you can add comments to posts that you are reading. You can also share the post to other Android apps!
- UI improvements
- Reliability improvements
- Translation updates
Of all the new features, the autosave timer is the one I’m most excited about. There’s nothing more frustrating than losing a few paragraphs (or *gasp* an entire article) because of an intermittent Wi-Fi connection or accidentally closing out the app before saving. The autosave feature will save you a lot of pain and suffering and take a huge part of the frustration out of mobile blogging.
To grab the latest WordPress for Android update or to learn more about the new features introduced in version 2.1, follow the source links below.
Google Play Store Link | WordPress For Android
- Source WordPress For Android