Now that the smoke has cleared, we can get a better look at the Samsung Galaxy S III and all it has to offer. First off, it’s a large device with a 4.85-inch display that almost puts it into the phablet category. It may be big but it’s still pretty thin and lightweight, measuring 8.8mm thick and weighing 133 grams. You’ll have two colors to choose from when deciding on the Samsung Galaxy S III: Pebble Blue and Marble White. The device’s design is described as that of a “smoothed pebble” and features rounded edges, a small bezel and glossy finish. It’s chock full of features — some old, some new — and will be available in Europe by the end of the month.
Here’s a full look at the Samsung Galaxy S III’s specs:
Now about those features:
- Smart Stay – The GALAXY S III recognizes how you are using your phone — reading an e-book or browsing the web for instance –– by having the front camera identify your eyes; the phone maintains a bright display for continued viewing pleasure
- S Voice – The advanced natural language user interface, to listen and respond to your words. In addition to allowing information search and basic device-user communication, S Voice presents powerful functions in regards to device control and commands. When your phone alarm goes off but you need a little extra rest, just tell the GALAXY S III “snooze.” You can also use S Voice to play your favorite songs, turn the volume up or down, send text messages and emails, organize your schedules, or automatically launch the camera and capture a photo.
- Direct Call – In addition to recognizing your face and voice, the GALAXY S III understands your motions to offer maximized usability. If you are messaging someone but decide to call them instead, simply lift your phone to your ear and ‘Direct call’ will dial their number.
- Smart Alert – With ‘Smart alert,’ the GALAXY S III will also save you from trouble by catching any missed messages or calls; your phone will vibrate to notify missed statuses when picked up after being idle.
- S Beam – Expands upon Android™ Beam™, allowing a 1GB movie file to be shared within three minutes and a 10MB music file within two seconds by simply touching another GALAXY S III phone, even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal.
- Buddy Photo Share – Allows photos to be easily and simultaneously shared with all your friends pictured in an image directly from the camera or the photo gallery.
- AllShare Cast – Users can wirelessly connect their GALAXY S III to their television to immediately transfer smartphone content onto a larger display.
- AllShare Play – Instantly share any forms of files between GALAXY S III and your tablet, PC, and televisions regardless of the distance between the devices.
- Group Cast – Allows you to share your screen among multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi network; you can make comments and draw changes at the same time with your co-workers, witnessing real-time sharing on your individual device.
- Pop up play – A feature that allows you to play a video anywhere on your screen while simultaneously running other tasks, eliminating the need to close and restart videos when checking new emails or surfing the Web.
- Burst Shot – Instantly captures twenty continuous shots.
- Best photo – Feature that selects the best of eight photographs for you, the GALAXY S III ensures users a more enhanced and memorable camera experience
I’m sure I missed a few because frankly, this thing is full of features. You can read more about them and the Galaxy S III by following the source link below.
- Source Samsung